In the reconstruction phase the main target was to ensure that as much as possible of the remaining infrastructure was recorded and preserved. Many original features were noted and, in most cases, have been saved.
Structures recorded and preserved include:
- Dinas Station Building
- Dinas Goods Shed
- The majority of the original NWNGR road overbridges and the PBSSR bridges.
- Two of the three NWNGR river bridges>
- Beddgelert Water tower, inspection pit and lamp room base.
- The weigh houses at Glanrafon and Beddgelert Sidings (base and weigh pit)
- The water tower base at Portmadoc New (1923) station.
- Most of the culverts (many attractively rebuilt)
- Underpasses at Bodaden and Tan yr Alt (the latter reconstructed by WHR Society members)
- Waunfawr station building
However with the reconstruction of the line complete it is now time to develop individual projects that fulfil our full constitutional commitment to ‘Record, Preserve and Reconstruct’. The group has identified a range of projects that embody varying degrees of ambition. All new projects are required to go through a ‘marking system’, the purpose of which is to establish their readiness for action.
Projects to restore and rebuild include:
- Dinas Station Building and Dinas Goods Shed – now completed
- Cambrian CrossingSignal Box, plus associated wooden gates and fencing.
- Tryfan Junction station building
- Pont Croesor Waiting Shelter
- Water tank to go atop the preserved water tower at Beddgelert.
- Replica lamp room and pit at Beddgelert.
- Replica station building at Nantmor.
- Rebuilding Waunfawr station in NWNGR style
- Preserving Betws Garmon Station